So by now you all know that I love supporting local and one of my favourite brands is Shika Afrika!
I am a big fan of Shika Afrika’s gorgeous clothing and accessories – they use fabrics of the highest quality from different African countries. The colours and patterns are beautiful and vibrant, and you will never fade into the background in these pieces! They are unique and such statement pieces and made with skill and love. I wanted to share this special brand with you in time for Christmas. They have just launched a men’s wear range as well as their new summer range!
If you want to buy and send overseas as a gift or perhaps you live overseas too? Not a problem! Shika Afrika offers international postage!
So I decided to share my top 20 items from the Shika Africa online store with you, as Christmas is coming up and I know we all really want to support local more than ever this year. It has been a very tough year for our local businesses and your support would be greatly appreciated.
So here goes:
- Men’s Summer Casual African print Shirt and Short Sets – link here. These sets come in sizes small to large and in other colours and patterns if you prefer. I love this set! I think the pattern and the colours are spot on and so very trendy. Spoil the man in your life! The set retails for R650.
2. Half Moon Tassel Earrings – link here. Love these vibrant colours and am a sucker for a good tassel pair of earrings! My absolute best. I love the movement and it adds a little drama to your outfit! Retails for R80 a pair.
3. Shift Dress | Congolese Wax Print ( Zebra Print ) – link here. I LOVE this pattern. Black and white is so gorgeous and you can dress it up or down. I would wear this with a pair of red high heels and some red lipstick! Comes in sizes small to large. Retails for R438.
4. Shift Dresses In Gabonese Print – link here. These colours are just lovely – and such a divine print. Shift dresses are made to be comfortable and this one is no different! Retails for R480.
5. Maxi Skirts in Malawian Print ( Green ) – link here. This gorgeous bright green floral print is perfection! And a long skirt can be dressed up or down, depending on your event. Suitable with takkies or high heels. I love the length of this skirt. Retails for R600.
6. High waisted Skirts | Congolese Wax Print ( Orange & Navy Blue) – link here. Statement skirt if ever there was one! These colours are bright and the pattern is bold and look how good it looks with the rest of the outfit being black. really pops. Love it! Retails for R450.
7. Coats| Peacock print – link here. Stunning coat, for the special woman in your life – or for yourself! Bright and bold with sleeves that fan out and create a little bit of drama! Retails for R950.
8. Slim Fit Chino Shorts with a touch of African print (Beige) – link here. These men’s shorts are really cool – I love the print along the edge of the shorts – just gives it that little bit of excitement. If your man is not comfy with a bold print, this is a good compromise as its only a teeny tiny bit of pattern, but looks so good! Retails for R400.
9. Ghanaian Print Backpack ( Bright colours ) – link here. Whether for school or varsity, or work or travelling – we all need a backpack! And this one is the perfect size to carry all your important goodies. Retails for R450.
10. Moon bag in Congolese Wax – link here. Love them or hate them, moon bags have made a big come back and all the cool kids are wearing them! Shika Afrika has then in a range of patterns and colours so you have options. One for every day of the week perhaps? Retails for R250.
11. 2 Piece Cross Body Crop Top and Drawstring Waisted Pant ( Brown ) – link here. This set is out of this world beautiful. The print is perfection – its the perfect crop top matched with the very flattering drawstring pants. Stunning stunning STUNNING! Retails for R750.
12. High Waisted Elasticated Shorts. ( Zambian Prints ) – link here. These shorts look super comfy! They are elasticated which is great and they come in different patterns so you can pick and choose which you love best. Summer is here ladies, get those legs out! Retails for R320.
13. Coats | Zambian Wax Print ( Blue / Touch of Red/ Orange) – link here. I know I have shared a few coats here but I couldn’t pick which print was the best! They all are so different and so divine. This turquoise jacket is just gorgeous! Retails at R950.
14. Masks! In every colour and pattern! Click here. They are 4 layers and cotton so that your skin can breathe. These make the perfect Christmas gifts, as everyone needs them so it will be a winner! Remember that you need to have a few pairs so when one is in the wash, you still have one on your face, in your car, in your handbag, in your moonbag etc – you can not be without! Retails for R65.
15. Shwe-Shwe and Wax Print kiddies Dress – link here. For the special young lady in your life – these cute dresses are vibrant and fun! The perfect gift AND can be worn on Christmas day! Retails for R210.
16. Hair Scrunchies | Baby in Blue Shwe-Shwe Print – link here. Scrunchies have made a massive come back this year and make the perfect stocking filler! They come in all different prints and colours so check out their website to see which shouts your name. I LOVE Shwe-Shwe so this blue is my best! Retails for R35.
17. Classy Blazer | Zambian Wax Print ( Triangles blue/Yellow) – link here. I mean WOW! This print of this blazer is gorgeous. You can wear this as your big statement piece and then wear all black or muted tones so it is the star of the show OR if you are bold, buy the skirt too and wear as a set! The blazer retails for R600.
18. Coat | Congolese Wax Print ( Orange & Navy Blue) – link here. This coat is striking! I just adore the colour and it works so well with the model’s outfit – this is a huge favourite of mine. Retails for R950.
19. Draw Strings Pants | Zambian print ( brown/Red/white) – link here. I love these pants! I would wear one of my black shirts with it and a pair of black high heels. These pants are striking and deserve to be the star of the show! Draw strings for comfort. Dress up or down – look great with heels or takkies, make them work for you! Retails for R500.
20. African Print Bowtie with leather Strap – link here. Love the pop of colour this will make when its against a crisp clean white shirt! Such a statement piece – spoil the man in your life with this special piece. Retails for R120.
And those are my top 20 gifting picks! But let me tell you, it was really hard to only pick 20. Shika Afrika has a wide range of clothing and accessories – there is something for everyone, so check out their site for yourself! And hurry, Christmas is almost here